Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Enjoy It



"Nothing exciting ever happens to me."

When I hear someone say that, I always cringe a little bit. I mean, after all, it's an underwhelming way to look at life. We all have something exciting happen, even if we may not choose to acknowledge it.

As children, we had lots of exciting things happen to us. One of the joys of parenting is watching my children make new discoveries whether it be learning to ride a bike for the first time or suddenly realizing that Han Solo and Indiana Jones are the same person.



With youth comes the joy of discovery.

As adults, though, we get a bit more jaded or maybe we just raise our expectations. I think we tend to overlook the every day excitements that happen while hoping for something more profound.

Life is not a two-hour blockbuster movie; it's a well-worn novel that takes awhile to read.

Sit back and enjoy it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.