Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dark & Gloomy


It was a dark and stormy night...

Yeah, I know that's not really that original of prose, but it pretty much summed up Tuesday evening around these parts. While the National Weather Service is still trying to determine exactly how many tornadoes touched down in north Texas on Tuesday, the fact of the matter is the storms that swept through the area left a trail of devastation in their wake.



I've seen a plenty of great photographs capturing the magnitude of the storms and the path of destruction they left behind them. I'll admit that when the storms approached my neck of the woods, I was more focused on getting my children and getting them home than on capturing a good shot. The photograph above is one I snapped while exiting the Brookshires parking lot with kids in tow. I'm not sure it truly reflects how menacing those clouds looked as they bore down on our little town.

It's hard to find a silver lining when I know that there are many people in cities like Forney and Lancaster who have lost so much. However, if there is one, it is that serious injuries appear limited — at least as far as early reports reflect.

My prayers go out to anyone who was affected by the storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.